Matthew R. Clark
An experienced Systems QA Engineer with 10+ years Robotics, 6+ fortune 50 & fast-paced environments. Driven by the bleeding edge of the latest technologies and by a thirst for knowledge, awaiting challenging new opportunities in the robotics space. Proven track record of driving software quality to the highest levels across a broad range of technologies. Passionate for working hands-on with both hardware and software, helping to bridge the gap between the physical and digital worlds.
Greater Boston, MA – 10/2021 to Present
► Advised clients on hardware / software needs for business operations. Implemented custom server rack builds.
► Develop and execute test plans for features under development. Manipulate databases and APIs to trigger specific behaviors.
► Validate whole stack creation and shutdown, custom scripts to manage Azure based platform stacks.
► Developed various test environment and quality of life improvements.
Amazon Robotics, Amazon.com, Inc.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
North Reading, MA – 04/2020 to 10/2021
► SME and Lead QA Engineer for Android based application responsible for managing all aspects of a large robotic fleet.
► Supported various components of the fulfillment platform. Coordinated with development to validate new features, write test plans to ensure adequate coverage, and to build / execute both functional and regression tests.
► Supported the prototyping and development of experimental workcells.
► Preformed in-depth troubleshooting of both software and hardware systems.
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Seattle, WA – 04/2018 to 04/2020
► Lead QA Engineer for RoboSort development team. Qualified a workcell now responsible for sorting most items inbound to Amazon fulfillment centers. Joined a team with 6 workcells deployed in beta, left the team with 300+ workcells deployed to production across US/EU/JP.
► Workcell SME – frequently provided advanced troubleshooting support to both engineering and customers.
► Coordinated with development to validate new workcell features and build an automation framework.
► Developed an extensive set of manual, integration, and regression test cases.
► Traveled both domestically and internationally, supporting customers with site deployments.
► Frequently facilitated tours and demonstrations across various warehouses and advanced robotic workcells.
Software QA Engineer
North Reading, MA – 03/2017 to 04/2018
► Developed a 24h/7d smoke-test environment for quickly detecting bugs in an always changing CI/CD environment.
► Created a web interface for scripting API calls to various micro-services, still deployed assisting engineers today.
► Discovered multiple exploits of physical hardware by using malicious barcodes.
Salesforce.com, Inc., Commerce Cloud
Software Engineer in Test
Burlington, MA – 03/2015 to 03/2017
► Deployed a custom metrics storage solution fronting 10M+ data points per minute using AWS.
► Deployed CheckMK across a fleet of 1k+ Linux nodes, configured host health monitors with alarms for abnormalities.
► Developed test wrapper and framework to validate changes in web-tier components.
Johnson and Wales University
Bachelor of Science Electronics Engineering
09/2011 to 02/2015
Associate of Science Robotics Engineering
09/2011 to 02/2014
– Terminal [bash, ssh, scp, ps, find, vi, grep, dd], LibVirt/QEMU, Docker, Apache
– Fanuc, UR, Opex, Dematic, Allen-Bradley, ABB, Kiva, Various custom solutions
– Arduino, ESP32, RaspberryPi, Pine64, FPGA, RTOS, RTC, GPS, EMU, PLC
– TCP/UDP (VLAN), RS232/RS485, SPI, I2C, CAN, OBDII, ModBus, EtherNet/IP
– Licensed HAM Operator (G/KC1RNQ), SDR, HackRF, Antenna Theory, Filters, Amps
Servers & VMs
– Multiple servers and racks deployed physically across New England.
– Numerous virtual machines providing various web services and applications.
– A free web-base generator for barcodes of many types. Serves over 500k requests daily, worldwide.
– Documentation and REST API for automated barcode creation, ability to self host / embed.
– Custom Home Automation Suite
– Configurable dashboards, script engine, alarms, and more.
– Student Pilot Certificate
– 24h+ in Rotorcraft operations
– 8h+ in Fixed-Wing operations
– Aviation Medical Certificate, 3rd Class
– Radio Control Fleet ~ Cars / Planes / Quads
– 100-Watt CNC Laser Cutter & 3D Printing
– Homesteading with Quail